Quadfire Mt Vernon Installation Question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently received my Mt Vernon pellet stove after waiting 3+ months for it to arrive. I plan on installing it myself. The 3” exhaust on the stove is offset from the center on the rear of unit. I need to go vertical before I can go horizontal through a framed wall. My question is… Mt Vernon owners, who must go vertical, are they going straight up via an adaptor and ‘T’ or are they tilting a ‘T’ and using a 45 degree elbow, so the pipe run is centered in the middle of the stove. Obviously I believe the pipe run would look symmetrical if it was in the center of the stove, instead of off to the right. I was just wondering what installers and/or homeowners were doing with this challenge. The Mt Vernon owners / installation manual references / shows a cleanout adaptor which in the diagram looks to take care of centering the vent pipe. I am using Simpson, Duravent Pro and can only seem to configure a ‘T’, tilted with a 45 elbow to center the pipe. But this configuration may or may not be the answer to center the pipe run. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Your dealer should have suggested you order the rear to top adaptor which centers the pipe and also mounts to the unit supporting the weight of the vent run. It has a gasket sealed clean-out trap door also for easy cleaning. We use that on every vertical install we do, works great. Also if you are using the newest version of simpson's PVP pipe they added a ridge inside the female end with a o-ring on it. The pipe no longer slides onto the stove collar by itself, we have been ordering the appliance adaptors now, to make the connection to the unit.

yep top vent is the way to go

Attachments

• 2008_1011Image0005 (Medium).JPG
    2008_1011Image0005 (Medium).JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 343
Pathfinder1010 said:
I recently received my Mt Vernon pellet stove after waiting 3+ months for it to arrive. I plan on installing it myself. The 3” exhaust on the stove is offset from the center on the rear of unit. I need to go vertical before I can go horizontal through a framed wall. My question is… Mt Vernon owners, who must go vertical, are they going straight up via an adaptor and ‘T’ or are they tilting a ‘T’ and using a 45 degree elbow, so the pipe run is centered in the middle of the stove. Obviously I believe the pipe run would look symmetrical if it was in the center of the stove, instead of off to the right. I was just wondering what installers and/or homeowners were doing with this challenge. The Mt Vernon owners / installation manual references / shows a cleanout adaptor which in the diagram looks to take care of centering the vent pipe. I am using Simpson, Duravent Pro and can only seem to configure a ‘T’, tilted with a 45 elbow to center the pipe. But this configuration may or may not be the answer to center the pipe run. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Pathfinder, as mentioned above, the rear-to-top adapter would have been the way to go, but if you decide not to get that, the T to a 45 will work too....I did that on my Astoria since the exhaust is also offset to the side, and I wanted to center it........here's a pic:

Attachments

• Stove install 3.JPG
    Stove install 3.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 340
Status
Not open for further replies.