Quadra-Fire 2700i and Lopi Revere comparison

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get a 1990 lopi revere for 200$ is this a good buy or is it better to buy a new one? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Used stoves are always a bit tricky. If you don't know what to look for you may buy a real lemon that requires several hundreds of dollars to get functional again. And 24 years is a looong time. Unless it is a rare bargain find of a stove that has been rarely used I would pass. You can get a new stove that will heat as well if not better than that old Revere for less than $1000. Maybe open a new thread telling us more about your situation (house size, insulation, winter temps, chimney?, stove as supplemental or primary heat, planned location of stove, budget etc.) and we can point you to some stoves that will keep you warm and not break the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.