quadra fire blower ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fish

Jan 3, 2008
western NY
i have a quadrafire 2100 heating a 1750 foot house i run my stove at about 600-800 degrees for good heat.that is the stack temp. what im wondering is how are the quad blowers is it worth the 250 dollars i was quoted. will it last more than a year running almost non stop. right now i burn anywere from 3-4 face cords a month.will the blower cut the amount of wood i burn down.also will i constantly be adjusting it for a good burn or can i set it and forget it .

The blower does not effect how much wood you burn or the fire itself. It just help to distribute the heat into the room better to get more even heating. From experience on the Quad units usually when people are calling asking for replacement blowers the old one has lasted around 7-10 years it seems. Most are currently warrantied for 2 years by Quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.