Quadra Fire - Castile Stove - worked now doesn't red/green control box lights blinking, no feed and

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the issue, it needed a new Ignitor! I replaced it but unfortunately now I have a bunch of dead outlets on the baseboards. I'm having to run an extension cord from my kitchen :(

But it is working, I feel the heat thank god! Now I need a new thermostat and probably the fan - its squeaking

$55 later and its fixed... Thanks to you all

You said igniter but did you mean thermocouple, which is what you were going to get? Sounds like you popped a circuit breaker for the baseboards too. Short circuit.

The problem is I have checked all my circuits breakes and none have been tripped. Crazy now I'm in for another can of worms :( boo

The ignitor is what I replaced not the thermocouple. The fire is raging finally yay!!

I called the place which sells parts and they told me to bring the ignitor, they tested it and it was bad. Fixed and done didn't even need to buy a TC

castilequadraCO said:
The problem is I have checked all my circuits breakes and none have been tripped. Crazy now I'm in for another can of worms :( boo

The ignitor is what I replaced not the thermocouple. The fire is raging finally yay!!

I called the place which sells parts and they told me to bring the ignitor, they tested it and it was bad. Fixed and done didn't even need to buy a TC

Bottom line is you are up and running and we ALL learned something! So the red/green flashing lights went away too and are now behaving normally?

If I were you, I would open the breaker for your dead circuit and take a close look at the outlet that the stove was plugged into. Pull out the outlet and see if it's broken. I've had a couple of mine actually fall apart just sitting in the outlet box! Cheap junk they are making now. Check for voltage first though!!!! Never trust that you opened the right breaker! Ask me how I know!!!! One of them is probably bad and not feeding the rest anymore.

To have that many things go wrong at once is a very strange situation. Glad you got it fixed, but the ignitor causing a blinking set of LEDs has me wondering because there is no current sense for the ignitor that I have seen. My guess is that you had a bad connection to the thermocouple and by moving wires to install the ignitor fixed the bad connection. It also sounds like the ignitor went bad at the same time.

turbotech said:
To have that many things go wrong at once is a very strange situation. Glad you got it fixed, but the ignitor causing a blinking set of LEDs has me wondering because there is no current sense for the ignitor that I have seen. My guess is that you had a bad connection to the thermocouple and by moving wires to install the ignitor fixed the bad connection. It also sounds like the ignitor went bad at the same time.

yea, I think you are right, Turbotech. He may still have a new T/C in his future. When multiple failures occur at once, it makes troubleshooting difficult. The fried outlet circuit could have been the cause OR the effect or pure coincidence. Just too much of a coincidence IMHO.

tjnamtiw said:
turbotech said:

yea, I think you are right, Turbotech. He may still have a new T/C in his future. When multiple failures occur at once, it makes troubleshooting difficult. The fried outlet circuit could have been the cause OR the effect or pure coincidence. Just too much of a coincidence IMHO.
I agree with that, never have seen blinking lights caused by igniter. Anywho glad you got it goin'

I would have never figured that one.

You all were right, I have new issues - a loud noise coming from the stove - sounds like it needs a new blower motor or fan - its prettyloud, squeaky

Red and Green Lights are ON on the control box

Any thoughts?

When I start the stove - plug it in the noise starts, when it cools down the noise is constant then eventually goes off. I don't think it is the blower because that sounds fine

How can I figure out which fan it is?

Going to test the TC tomorrow, I am having so many f'n issues with this dumb stove. I replaced the combustion fan today after it was very squeaky and on the outs. Now the damn stove won't feed pellets or start a fire. Lights are blinking again and the red light is on - call light i believe.

I could have hooked up the wires wrong, I don't know I thought I put everything back together right but maybe not.

Any thoughts? This stove is costing me a chit ton of money, its killing me but I just had frozen pipes as a result of this damn thing not working now I have to get this bitchhh to work so I can save my pipes from this next cold spell coming.

I'm pissed and sick of it

Why double post to the same forum group? The same people are reading the same posts!!!! Like I said on the other one, take Hank Hill's advice and call a professional tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.