Quadrafire 1200 insert exhaust blower not starting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Cusato

Sep 18, 2013
My Quadrafire 1200 exhaust blower doesn't start up when power is applied to the stove. The stove has been well cleaned and I'm unsure if there are any electronics that control turning the blower on. What is supposed to turn the exhaust blower on?

Combustion (exhaust) blowers on almost every pellet stove start immediately upon turning the stove on....it's controlled by the control board. I'm pretty sure your cb1200 is the same.

If yours fails to start after sitting for the summer, it may just be "stuck" and need a nudge to get going. Or you could disconnect the power leads to it and make a "test power cord" like many of have done....it puts 120v direct to motors to test them for operation. It helps eliminate the motor as a problem.

You say it was well cleaned....most "complete" seasonal cleanings include removing all the blowers to be cleaned, oiled, and tested for operation before being put back into the stove with new gasketing.

Thank you for the reply. I like the idea of hooking up the external power source to the blower. I'll give it a try.

IMO I would check all connections from the blower back to snap disk and there on to make sure something did not come loose? Does anything indicate the stove is being powered? Lights on control box? Did you check the fuse? Also do what imacman said after you check connections and fuse. On the 1200i the combustion blower should come on when unit is first plugged in regardless if the stove is calling for heat or not.

Was the exhaust vent cleaned! How did they clean it? Is there a clean out at the bottom?

I have seen inserts where people just sweep the vent and ALL the ash goes to the bottom, it will literally STOP the blower from turning at all

When unplug and replug in a Quad. The combustion blower should run for 18 min. Get a multi meter and check to see if your getting power from unplug, to replug. If no power at the terminals? Something is wrong. Look into the fuse by the board.

I am on my 3rd exhaust blower in 7 years. Mine got real noisy before they gave up the ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.