Quadrafire Mt Vernon Classic What Thickness Door Gaskets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cparts

Aug 7, 2017
Southwest Virginia
I need to replace the door gasket on my NON-AE 2006 mt vernon. Tractor supply has gaskets in 3/8, 1/2, 5/8.

What size should I use for the door glass and the ashpan door below it? They are smashed and frayed and its difficult to tell.

Jon

Ordered

I inherited the 2006 non ae stove used. It currently only has a beat up gasket on the top and sides (so three sides). Is that correct or should there be a gasket on the bottom too?

Depending on year of stove, the air wash was either on the top on older stoves, and changed to the bottom on around 05 or 06 and newer stoves. The air wash only has the flat part of the tadpole gasket on it. You should be able to google installation instructions and video's. kap

Depending on year of stove, the air wash was either on the top on older stoves, and changed to the bottom on around 05 or 06 and newer stoves. The air wash only has the flat part of the tadpole gasket on it. You should be able to google installation instructions and video's. kap

The more I find out makes me wonder... lucky, nothing gone too haywire. Thanks!

Depending on year of stove, the air wash was either on the top on older stoves, and changed to the bottom on around 05 or 06 and newer stoves. The air wash only has the flat part of the tadpole gasket on it. You should be able to google installation instructions and video's. kap[/QUOTE
Removed bottom portion of door gasket - will order a new one.

My flame was huge and getting the glass black in less than an hour.
Not sure if the four sided gasket was the problem. Back to cleaning..

Screw in right side baffle is now stripped - just didn't budge. Used hand not drill. Used star driver and then tried clamp.

I wonder if I should just pry it off and order a new baffle.
Just concerned about where the screw inserts - if pried, that would strip.
Could drill a hole in the middle.

I have already emptied the vacuum three times.
I don't think anyone cleaned behind them.

I so appreciate all of the guidance. Deb

20181204_162102_LI (2).jpg