Question for the pros, copper and....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atlarge54

Dec 3, 2007
Hoosier
Now that copper has gone from $4.00/lb to $1.40/lb how long does it take for prices to work through the system. I just bought approx. 100' of old finned copper at the scrap yard for $25 and plan to assemble a water to air HX. I have most of the fittings I need as leftovers, could I expect to puchase lower cost fittings in 3 months, 6 months..........? Have any of you seen or heard of ecovair NG powered heat pumps? I think they use an internal combustion NG engine and can utilize the waste heat. I think they are just beginning to import and the smallest units are 8 ton capacity. Also, what is a baffled geothermal system?

The last time oil was $40 a barrel, we were paying $.50 a liter for gasoline (about $2 a gallon) .....
Now oil is $36 a barrel and we are paying $.74 a liter.

What the $*%@!

I picked up 12 feet of 1" copper the other day at Homo Depot for $48.!!!!!!!!!

I wish North Americans weren't so complacent.

I just got quotes from my local plumbing supply store for 1" copper at $2.09/ft and 1" Blk Pipe at $2.04/ft. ($ USD)

Status
Not open for further replies.