1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Question on oil problem on Husky 455

Post in 'The Gear' started by NH_Wood, Apr 4, 2013.

1. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Hi everyone,

Just picked up a used 455. Saw in pretty good shape and runs well, but not oiling at all. I removed the clutch, blew air though the oil tube connecting pump to bar, but still no oil. It seems that the worm gear is driving the pump okay, but perhaps it is worn. Any more suggestions. I drained the oil from the reservoir, and was hoping to grab the pick up and change the filter. But.....the filter seems to be WAY down at the base of the tank (makes sense) with a very short line to the tank. Not sure how I'd get that out and fit a new one. If I had to replace or blow out the tank to pump line - is this a bear of a job? Thanks for any advice. Cheers!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kenskip1

kenskip1 Member

Loc:
    Coleman Texas
  3. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks - watched that earlier. So....it this similar to changing a fuel line, but in this case, the filter remains on the line and passes through the opening to the oil reserve, then the grommet seals? If so, sounds straightforward, but haven't looked at this area of the saw yet - job for tomorrow! Cheers!