Questions on installing a Max Caddy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtfordguy

Hearth Supporter
Dec 26, 2010
Otter Lake MI
My dad bought a Max Caddy made by PSG and we are doing some of the instillation ourselves because the install guys are booked weeks out. We've got most of the wiring done, but am having trouble wiring the thermostat. The furnace is going in as a wood only set up and it came with a braeburn 1000NC Thermostat. The thermostat can be battery operated and near as I can tell only needs one wire going to the furnace PC Board. Just wondering it this is right or if I am missing something? The wiring diagram for the pc board on the furnace shows two wires but they are not labled and I dont know what the second one would be or where it should go in the thermostat?

Thats a pretty new model furnace. If it was me, Id be on the phone with the guys who sold it to you. They should be able to call PSG tech support and get you an answer quickly.

Yep called him yesterday and had an answer this morning. Burning wood only it's a two wire hook up. Two wires coming of the the wood / mech t connections with one going to the w connection on the thermostat and one going to the Rh terminal. Dosen't matter which wire goes where.

Status
Not open for further replies.