Questions on ZC fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc_Dad

May 10, 2009
Maine
I have a couple questions; does anyone use a thermometer on their ZC fireplace somehow? Has anyone figured an effective way to add some moisture to the house other than a humidifier? I also placed the Z42 on NCFS board and according to the MSDS sheet this looks like a problem. Any ideas?

I use a cheapy Rutland magnet thermometer on my North Star fireplace. I removed the entire faceplate and place thermo on the steel chimney pipe collar exiting the firebox. Works perfect.

Can't answer to your other questions. Sorry...

What is NCFS board? What does the stove documentation state as a hearth requirement for the fireplace?

Arc_Dad said:
Has anyone figured an effective way to add some moisture to the house other than a humidifier?

Yes. Seal up any air leaks in the house. The cold air coming in from outside contains less humidity than the warm air in the house.
We live in a colder drier climate, and our house almost has too much humidity.
Also whenever convienient, leave the bathroom door open when you shower, that'll bump the humidity up a few notches.
Buy a hygrometer and monitor humidity levels. You'll notice humidity go UP everytime you add/repair weatherstripping.

http://www.cmhc.ca/en/co/maho/yohoyohe/momo/momo_002.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.