Quick question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briggsy13

Sep 19, 2011
Maryland
Hi there, I'm on the pellet board, but have a woodstove question for my Dad. My kids were there playing and threw a pom pom (little kid cheerleader kind) up in the air, as you can imagine it landed on the lit stove. My dad was right there and grabbed it right off but not before it melted some. There are now like 8-10 little spots of whatever kind of plastic the thing was made of. Any ideas of how to get it off? I'm not really sure what all he has tried. I don't think much. Its not really noticeable but it bugs me cause my kids caused it.

Thanks in advance!!

What kind of stove (steel plate, cast iron?). What sort of finish (matte hi-temp stove paint, baked enamel?). I'm moving this thread over into the Hearth Room unless you tell me your dad is burning an old pre-EPA stove of some sort. You'll likely get a zillion suggestions...my advice would simply be to take your time deciding what you're going to try...and then start from the mildest (least likely to cause more damage than you're trying to fix). Rick

fossil said:
What kind of stove (steel plate, cast iron?). What sort of finish (matte hi-temp stove paint, baked enamel?). I'm moving this thread over into the Hearth Room unless you tell me your dad is burning an old pre-EPA stove of some sort. You'll likely get a zillion suggestions...my advice would simply be to take your time deciding what you're going to try...and then start from the mildest (least likely to cause more damage than you're trying to fix). Rick

I'm not sure exactly how old, but I was born in 1979 and that stove has been in our house as long as I can remember. So I'm guessing it is that old. It is a matte finish. I'm pretty sure he repainted it within the last few years but not sure with what? Guess I need to get more info and come back again. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.