Rake for hot coals...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2007
Chelmsford, Ma
Hey everyone , just wondering what everyone is using to rake the hot coals...I was going to buy a shovel and poker for the stove today and noticed it doesnt come with anything to rake the coals...any ideas would be great....thanks guys..

I just use the shovel, but I do not have an ash system on my stove.

I cut two foot of of a potato hook wraped the exposed end with aluminum foil. The tines rake the coals just pine

FJLayes625 said:
Hey everyone , just wondering what everyone is using to rake the hot coals...I was going to buy a shovel and poker for the stove today and noticed it doesnt come with anything to rake the coals...any ideas would be great....thanks guys..

I just use the poker or shovel and that works fine for me.

Ray

Ace Hardware had a 21" handheld garden rake. Not heavy duty, but I've been using for 6 weeks and not a scratch.
$2.99...nice and cheap.

I received a wood stove set for Christmas that included a rake. I wasn't sure if I really needed it, but it's turned out to be a great help. These woodstove sets tend to be shorter in length than a fireplace set, and that is a nice convenience, too. Like so many things, we wonder how we got along without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.