1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

RE: And from the "Only in Maine" file . . .

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by firefighterjake, Dec 12, 2012.

1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    This gave me a good laugh . . . so much for the injured "cat."

From our Police Department's Facebook page . . .

AN ACTUAL POLICE REPORT

December 12, 2012

This is an actual police report submitted by Officer John Robinson just after midnight this morning, December 12, 2012. The name of the complainant has been redacted. Although this seems amusing, one should always be careful handling injured animals and call local animal control officer or Game Wardens when in doubt.

While on routine patrol I observed ...
    a vehicle stopped on Harlow Street by city

hall with the hazard lights activated. I observed 3 people standing next to the
    vehicle and spoke with the female driver and only occupant, -----------------------.
    ------------------ told me that was driving from Veazie towards Bangor and struck a cat
    with her vehicle. She said that the cat was seriously injured or deceased and
    she put the cat inside of her van. --------------------- told me that while driving the cat
    became alert and she realized that the cat was actually a bobcat. ------------------ told
    me that she got out of her vehicle, followed by the bobcat which is now under
    her vehicle.
    Sgts Robert Bishop, Larry Weber and Officer Gary Decker arrived. Sgt Bishop
    used a catch pole to secure the bobcat until Maine Game Warden Fahey arrived and
    took control of the animal.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    I had a buddy who hit a buck one night driving home (might have had 6 or 70 beers) & he thought he'd killed it. So being the "woodchuck" that he was, he figgered, "there's a coupla months of dinner right there!" So he grabbed it by the rack & began to drag it to his trunk. Well, the damn thing came to & stood up with my buddy's chest now at the buck's head level. He said it twisted & turned & kicked, eventually throwing him off & raced off into the night. He came to work the next day lookin like he'd been mugged...:eek:
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Great stories! You don't want to hear about the skunk. ;sick
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
  5. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc: