Re-gasket question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Hog and Bholler, The old gasket cement was hard cement like material. The high temp silicon is flexible and easier to work with. We use to use the high temp silicon from auto parts store. Now I think you can get it from the stove gasket makers.

Meeco gasket adhesive is somewhat loose and runny (shake very well before using). That's my only complaint. It works better with the door off the stove and laid flat, but can be ok if applied correctly with the stove door on the stove. I just tugged on our gasket. It is solidly in place.

edit update:
Well, the Meeco failed after a season of use. Switched to Rutland which has a much more consistent mix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.