Real Time Help: Excel Installation Issues?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mhrischuk said:
Did they re-clock the chimney seams?

Yes and no, I'll explain ... they are all aligned and "clocked" but from the first length's position which was pointing as the hour hand would at 1:30. I didn't want to rotate that section so slightly to the twelve position and put three more screws through the extension. So starting from the first length's forced "time" they are "clocked". According to ICC though clocking them doesn't do anything other than the visual appeal of aligning? Again thanks for the advice through this adventure!

FWIW, Page 8 of my USA version of the manual...

In section 3

" When installing additional sections of chimney line up the vertical seams to ensure that the pre-punched screw holes line up with the slots in the outside casing."

mhrischuk said:
FWIW, Page 8 of my USA version of the manual...

In section 3

" When installing additional sections of chimney line up the vertical seams to ensure that the pre-punched screw holes line up with the slots in the outside casing."

Yes I saw that too but again ICC says that simply does not matter at all and, they are all clocked, just clocked off of exactly 12 o'clock which is where I would have put the seams if I installed the system. Anyway, as soon as I pass my permits (hopefully today) I'm gonna start the stove and enjoy it extremely much.

Status
Not open for further replies.