1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Recommended Installers?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Redislespud, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Redislespud

Redislespud New Member

Hi all,

Its seems like general knowledge of Gasification Boilers on Prince Edward Island is quite rare. I realize that most plumbers are quite capable of doing an install, but I would love to have an installer recommended that has experience and knowledge of installing Gasification boilers. Even better someone that has experience with the Econoburners and excess storage capacity. Can anyone make a recommendation?

W

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BoilerBob

BoilerBob Member

Loc:
    SW Nova
    Actually there are gasification boiler dealers on PEI, Ensight bio sells HS TARM and WOODPECKER.
    Also some DIY installs that are awesome. Very nice empyre setup done recently.
    Put PEI on your post heading and they will chime in.
  3. Redislespud

Redislespud New Member

Hi there NovaScotian,

Thanks for the Reply. I have been talking with an installer that also sells the Empyre indoor models. This seems like a good unit. Probably not as well built as the Econoburner but then again it does not apear to have the hefty price tag either. Have you herd any the pro's and cons on the Empyre units?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

4. BoilerBob

BoilerBob Member

Loc:
    SW Nova
  5. BoilerBob

BoilerBob Member

Loc:
    SW Nova
    I have no experience with either boiler, they both look like good boilers.
  6. willyswagon

willyswagon Burning Hunk

Loc:
    PEI, Canada
    Corrigan's in Charlottetown intalled mine. They have an out side contractor plumb the wood boiler into the oil system, then an out side electrician wired the system. These guys were the neatest tradesmen I have ever seen.
    Pm me if you want further details.