Recommended Pellet Stove Insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question - what should that run?
I just had my new Accentra insert installed last Wednesday, your price quote was less than $200 more than what I paid and I think that's a good deal! I chose however to not get the sales tax...but then again, I live in NH. It's my understanding that Harman and the Enviro are only 2 stoves that offer the rail kit for cleaning ease. Sure you can make one (yawn), but get it included in your sale. dealers charge as much as $500 for the small box, but I got it included as a package deal at $139. I chose not to get the log kit.

I just had my new Accentra insert installed last Wednesday, your price quote was less than $200 more than what I paid and I think that's a good deal! I chose however to not get the sales tax...but then again, I live in NH. It's my understanding that Harman and the Enviro are only 2 stoves that offer the rail kit for cleaning ease. Sure you can make one (yawn), but get it included in your sale. dealers charge as much as $500 for the small box, but I got it included as a package deal at $139. I chose not to get the log kit.

Unfortunately as long as I am stuck in CT I will pay sales tax (Really want to move up to NH)

so if i understand correctly, without tax we will pay roughly the same? or am I still above what you paid? I will also check into the rail kit and see if i can get that as a freebee

Unfortunately as long as I am stuck in CT I will pay sales tax (Really want to move up to NH)

so if i understand correctly, without tax we will pay roughly the same? or am I still above what you paid? I will also check into the rail kit and see if i can get that as a freebee
Your $200 more without the tax. but that's not a bad deal. I think you can negotiate the rail as part of your package deal. As far as sales taxes, we pay elsewhere... Property taxes, car Regis, dividends,...

Hi All

New to the forum - recently bought a house in rural CT 2200 sq ft and the 3 months we've been here the oil bill is running $600 a month.

Decided to take a look at some stoves, did a lot of reading on this site and decided that a Pellet Stove Insert was the best option for me. I went to a local stove store & got the run down on the Harman Accentra 52i - very impressed. Just wanted to confirm my decision to move forward is a good one & perhaps confirmation that the quote i got was reasonable:

Stove price - $3,699.00
Chimney Liner - $436.00
Installation (Stove and Liner) - $650
Log Set - Free
Tax - $262.67

Grand Total: $5047.57

I appreciate any/all advice you all have.

Where did you get stove for 3699? I am also in CT. I was quoted 4099 + 200 for surround - no Log Set, no rails...
Appreciate the answer - maybe will save some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.