Record Haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PA Fire Bug

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2010
Blair County, PA
Thanks to the generosity of others, I was able to haul about a dozen loads of wood on Saturday. I had been cutting wood when I had time and the weather cooperated since last fall. Our neighbor provided the dump truck and a skid loader which was skillfully operated by his 16 year old son. Our church has a "rent a teen" program to help students raise money to go to camp and national youth convention in the summer. We gave our neighbor's son a check toward his fund. This is probably two year's worth of wood for us. Finding a place to stack it is a good problem to have. I have the back of the metal shed almost full. My daughter may lose her parking spot if I fill the open area. : )

IMG_20190330_112039947.jpg IMG_20190331_181040043.jpg

Don't stack any splits on that Steelers pallet.... cause after some time there is no doubt they will STINK.....

Last edited:
Reactions: D8Chumley
Good God, what a haul! Merry Christmas!

I can't really make out exactly what you've got,but it looks to be 6-7 cords? Could that be true?

The only advice I can give you in this instance is to stack as you split. For 18/19, I split a gigantic four cord pile that was a huge PITA to stack. For 19/20, I stacked as I was splitting.

Major, MAJOR difference. I will NEVER split, then stack, again. Got to do it all at the same time. Digging the bottom splits out of the mud was reason enough by itself.

Looks awesome! I'm jealous of that dump bed.

Looks like a nice, windy stacking spot. ==c