Redneck heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

get a load of this setip

Attachments

• ATT29284238.jpg
    ATT29284238.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 726
Wonder if its EPA Certified??? Hmmm........

Dylan said:
It looks quasi-portable. Perhaps he/she delivers heat throughout the hollow.

Absolutely ingenius....why didn't I think of it....and patent the idea??

HA HA HA... good one Dylan... maybe it can also be driven down to NYC with a "city cord" of wood in the back!

There a place down by Monroe Va that fabricates them I think it called Billy jo bubba salvage junk yard Bubba came up with this invention

So there you have it, mothers of inventions, have come up with this idea to expend the usefull life of rusted out Ford econline Vans

The first attempt failed because Billy was susposed to drain and remove the gas tank. They are still working on the hot air delivery system,,
it seems hot air does not flow very well downhill. There is no shortage of combustion air supply as the windows blew out the first breakin fire
The model run was a total loss after the gas tank went
I know this is a work in progress and bugs are being worked out . If all goes well, They have been contacted by Vogelzang to market them

the replaced the roll up window with sheetmetal ,but is in a pain in the ars to open the door and roll it up or down to regulate air flow..

Bubba says we shoud include welding gloves so people's hands don't get burned

Hey Elk, you find that at one at your inspections . .

It was this picture that started is all The invention of OWB's

Hell the reveuners though Billy was back making shine again.

I hope nobody from Ford is viewing ths forum I would not want to be responsible for them getting more bad ideas and making bad decisions/

Hey maybe they could retrofit those Expeditions thay can't sell..

Insurance investigator now really I think you may have torched the Expedition ,Nah I putting to good use out back there

That looks a lot like my setup. The only problem I have is when driving down the road the stove tends to over-fire due to the increased draft!

Craig

Hes not kidding I have had to ride with him to jobs.

sgc said:
Off topic but I have gotten a few laughs from this dude http://www.ablehomeinspection.com/photos.html#photos
Wow a local getting some exposure...
Dennis is a great guy he inspected 3 houses for me and tore all of them apart for problems, the third had less problems and that is the one I bought.
He would rip furnace pipes out of the chimney to make sure they are lined properly, climb on the roof even if it was covered in snow, to check the shingles and chimney. and made the sellers nearly come to tears when he told them why I shouldn't buy the house.......... I remember a house in Salem Mass, built in the 1700's he jabbed a screwdriver into the sill and all the termites came scrambling out... He held them out in the owners face and the owner was like..... Those aren't termites.. What do you know.......................Again Dennis is the man........There's nothing like a good home inspection................

GVA, I don't know what the big deal is here........so there is a little extra putty on the pipe........that is so the CO won't come out in the attic ! ;-) :lol:

Funny..........and scary stuff. %-P

Robbie.

Robbie said:
GVA, I don't know what the big deal is here........so there is a little extra putty on the pipe........that is so the CO won't come out in the attic ! ;-) :lol:

Funny..........and scary stuff. %-P

Robbie.
Not sure if you are kidding or not.... But it looks like 316ti flex lining to me...... Pretty pricey..

Yes, I'm for sure kidding. :lol:

It is pricey stuff, looks like it could be deadly too if the CO back flowed into the bath room.

I just wonder sometimes what people are thinking when they do stuff like this.

The person who does these inspections deserves a lot of congrads for pointing all these things out to the buyers or sellers.

Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.