Regency f 3500 burn times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsrservices

Jan 4, 2016
tottenham, ontario
Hey guys
New to this forum, enjoy reading all the info on stoves but I am curious if anyone else is having the issues I am with my stove.
I Purchased a f 3500 about a month ago to replace my old lakewood stove. I was tired of loading the stove every few hours thru out the night to keep warm so I bit the bullet and decided to buy this new stove.
It's sits in the basement of our 1200 Sq ft home, I bought a new stainless double liner pipe for it, put a pipe probe to watch the Temps as the cat temp gauge just has active inactive.
Had a few small burns, cleaned the glass in between.. trying to break it in as they suggest. Christmas day I started to burn continuously loading the wood with 18" 1 year dry ash. 15-18 Mc, loading it with 4 to 5 splits full load basically, bring the pipe temp up to 600-700 give or take.. let it burn for 5-10 minute engage the cat then slowly bring slide the air lever to close.
The problem I have is if I close the air right off the pipe Temps drop 200 degrees roughly and after 20-30 min i start to loose cat Temps... ( heat drops off as well) the wood basically solders down but doesn't complety burn within 6 hours I have small coals and wood on the side of the box not burned. ( if I load Ew it helps but not that much)

If I run the stove with the air 3/4 closed I can maintain 600 pipe temp and the cat stays roughly the same, great heat but get roughly 4-5 hour and I'm ready to reload..

I've tried dryer wood with no difference

I bought the stove to conserve some wood and mainly only load it twice a day (12hr burn time was my goal)

Anyone have any have any advice I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Welcome. The new stove may need a bit more draft, especially in a basement location. Try opening a nearby window an inch and see if that helps the fire burn more vigorously.

Status
Not open for further replies.