regency gci60 to be installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillz

Oct 14, 2014
ontario canada
Well I have finally decided to move foward with a pellet insert. With a lot of huming and hawing over units I looked at englanders with the insert plate , the unit was priced at approx. 3200 can $ tax in. And I would still have to install it myself with a new chimney liner.

I contacted a local pellet dealer ,he provided me with an over the phone price of approx. 4500 tax in. Plus an extra 1000 to install and wett certify.

I currently have a 6 inch liner in my chimney and the dealer said it would be fine.he also informed that since I have an older home and fresh air coming from the oil furnace that I wouldn't need a fresh air kit installed.
So I guess the installation would only involve a reducer to be connected to the 6 inch then to the insert.....lol

What do you think?
I like the look of the unit and the versatility of the mutifuel option.

Does anyone burn corn?I would love to see how it burns in the unit.

Yes, it would be a reducer from the 6 inch pipe. I have that same set up. I have the GFI55, wish I could have installed the 60, but it was not out when I purchased mine. Good luck with it!

Well I have finally decided to move foward with a pellet insert. With a lot of huming and hawing over units I looked at englanders with the insert plate , the unit was priced at approx. 3200 can $ tax in. And I would still have to install it myself with a new chimney liner.

I contacted a local pellet dealer ,he provided me with an over the phone price of approx. 4500 tax in. Plus an extra 1000 to install and wett certify.

I currently have a 6 inch liner in my chimney and the dealer said it would be fine.he also informed that since I have an older home and fresh air coming from the oil furnace that I wouldn't need a fresh air kit installed.
So I guess the installation would only involve a reducer to be connected to the 6 inch then to the insert.....lol

What do you think?
I like the look of the unit and the versatility of the mutifuel option.

Does anyone burn corn?I would love to see how it burns in the unit.
So the salesman came to my house to measure.... he said I was a half inch too short to install the gci60 mainly because my hearth is 2 inches higher then the opening thus looking 2 inches of space.

He I would need to remove the hearth,fill abd level the masonry landing with cement and lay down 1/4inch tile or slate .
He also said that they would have to install a new liner. .. I currently have a 5.5 inch and would need a 4 inch . He said they couldn't use the 5.5 inch which I think is BS.
I was kind of pissed off.....
So of course it's never a perfect fit or easy...
He is sending me back a new quote today and I'm not looking foward to the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.