Regency R14/I2400 door gasket ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainstation

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
N.Ont.
Hello, I just had a beauty R14 insert installed and I need to redo the door gasket. The specific size (3/4-7/8) according to the Regency manual appears way to big.... the door will not close at all. I tried the 5/8 tonight but with no luck...next is the 3/8-1/2...Is there something I am missing here? I bought the professional glue and am hesitant to use it until the right size is acquired....
Any advice/tips on changing door gaskets would aprreciated....

Thanks.

Where are you having a clearance problem, hinge or latch side? If the hinge side seems OK but the latch side is too tight, the latch should be adjustable. Check your manual. My I2400 was too tight also until I adjusted it. If I remember right I just moved some washers around.

Status
Not open for further replies.