regency stoves ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After lots and lots of research we went with Regency (CS 1200) and it is awesome as far as we're concerned. Excellent performance, excellent support and excellent warranty (possibly the best there is warranty wise?).

When we were stove shopping it was between a Regency and the Enerzone. The enerzone seems to me to be a copy of the Regency, price was the same, what it came down to was the glass warranty on the enerzone was the only better thing. And they are something a little different, so i said what the hell. I like to do the unusual thing sometimes.

I wouldn't hesitate to try a Regency.

I have the 3100. Love it. Completely heats my 2300 sf ranch style home. 2 stage blower and automatic blower control are a nice option. On high the unit throws a ton of heat. When folks come over to the house I put it on low and it is nearly silent. My unit doesn't ping a lot as I've heard others do. Holds coals for 8 hours of heat easily and will still have enough coals to continue burning after 12 hours. My only wish is that it were deeper so that I could load 18" splits NS rather than everything having to go in EW.

Regency I3100

seeyal - you and I experience the same performance outputs from our I3100's. Luckily my wood pile has a significant amount of splits that are 12-13" long. If there is a bed of coals, 5 shortys go N-S and then 2-3 longs (20-21") go on top. That will give a good overnight burn with a lot of large coals in the morning and keep the house above 71 deg F with temp outside being 26 like last night. I love it and Forked Deer Electric hates it. :)

I've had an F 2100 since 2001. It has heated My 1900 sq. ft. House nicely since then .

Hi, dont see many recent posts about regency stoves. Anyone have one? Are they a good stove/ company or thumbs down?
Thanks,

If we could do it all over again we would not purchase any Regency fireplace or stove product. It’s not so much the quality of the Regency product itself but the total lack of customer service and refusal to honor its own Warranty. All the negative reviews concerning their customer service are so very true. Based on our experience, Regency is totally unresponsive and could care less about their customers once you have purchased one of their products. After purchasing our Regency stove from Woodburners (in Falls Church, VA) a few years ago and needing to replace the baffles in our stove, we were quite taken aback by the many negative reviews we found of both Woodburners and Regency. We needed to replace the baffles in our stove as they had deteriorated and one actually had a corner break off. We later learned that this is common with Regency baffles. No problem, we figured, since Regency has this Lifetime Warranty on its stoves which specifically covers the baffles. In fact, one of the reasons we purchased this particular stove was the Lifetime Warranty touted by the dealership. The problem is that Regency administers its warranty solely through its dealers, specifically the dealer where the Regency product was purchased. I visited the Regency dealer and was informed that the dealer (Woodburners) was no longer honoring Regency’s Warranty as it applied to replacement parts. I contacted the owner of the dealership in writing and requested that he honor the Regency Warranty and replace our defective/deteriorated baffles as provided in the Warranty. I noted that I had the original sales receipt and the written Warranty and could produce the deteriorated baffles for inspection. It’s now been over two months and we have not even received a courtesy response from the owner. He obviously has no intention of honoring the Warranty. We also contacted the Director of Technical Services for Regency who refused to replace the baffles directly and instead referred us to several other local Regency dealers. One of these would not respond to our telephone calls and e-mails, one was not even in business and all of the others absolutely refused to honor the Regency Warranty, claiming that we had to obtain warranty services or parts from the original dealer (Woodburners). One, however, did say he would contact Regency to see if it would honor the warranty. Weeks have now passed without a response from that dealer or from Regency. We initiated a Better Business Bureau complaint but, to date, the dealer (who is not a member of the BBB) has not bothered to respond to the BBB. In the meantime, we were told that we should not use our stove because it would be a safety hazard. So, I am writing this review in frustration. Hopefully I can help someone else avoid such frustration in the future. My recommendation is to not purchase a Regency product if you feel you may need to utilize Regency’s practically useless Lifetime Warranty. You are totally at the mercy of the dealership which sells you the Regency product and all Regency dealerships we have interacted with seem to be universally reluctant to or opposed to honoring the Regency Warranty. The message is very clear. Regency’s so-called Lifetime Warranty is not really worth the paper it is written on as it is wholly dependent upon the original dealer honoring it at his discretion. Regency will not arrange for replacement parts or services under the Warranty and if the dealer decides he doesn’t want to honor the Regency Warranty, you are out of luck as Regency seems reluctant or unable to do anything to help out the owner of their product obtain warranty services or parts. Again, caution to anyone planning to purchase a Regency product.

@Native

This site is for help / assistance and getting things things working properly. It is NOT meant to be used as a place to simply blow off steam and rant.

If there is something we can help you with, then please start a new thread and ask some good questions.

In the meantime, thread closed.

Edit to add: This is the place for straight up reviews where someone is not looking for help https://www.hearth.com/talk/ratings.php

pen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.