removing baffle from jotul f3cb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argus66

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2007
central coastal nj
hey i cant figure out how to remove the baffle on the f3. there are 2 bolts in either corner but i cannot get them out. i want to clean the flue and have it fall into the stove and not on top of the baffle.

It's easier to remove the top of the stove. There is an allen screw on each side about halfway back near the top edge. Back them out and the top lifts off. It's gasketed and will seal fine when replaced. Be sure to replace it in the same orientation and check that its perfectly level and square with the stove body when you replace it. Here's why...

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/46/

I agree. When I swept my 3cb this fall I simply removed the top plate and sucked up what little was there. Much easier than messing with the baffle.

I have a straight up chimney with my new F3CB and so it should be easy to do sweeping, the roof is fairly shallow pitch above the stove and easy to get to. Can you tell me a little more about sweeping. I am thinking I first would go up on the roof, run a sweep brush up and down. The stove chimney inside is a telescoping double wall. What steps are done inside and with the chimney so that you can finally lift the top plate of the stove?

Thanks for sharing your experience! (I actually expect for the first cleaning to have my local dealer come out and show how, but that won't be for several months as the lake cabin is boarded up until then).

so if i remove the top i have to replace the gasket as well? or do i just have to fit it back perfectly.

From everything that I've read (I have no experience with it yet) the gasket should be fine, don't replace. What BG was saying is to place the top back on exactly as it was before it was removed...the edge that was facing toward the front should be once again facing toward the front of the stove when you get finished. If you haven't already, check the thread out that he posted the link to and you will understand "why" better.

Best wishes,
Ed

Given the little use the top gasket gets, it should be good for years.

ya i been researching for a while, some of the older post are confusing i just used to let it all fall on top of the baffle and then just clean it all off.

Status
Not open for further replies.