Removing plates from a older Mt Vernon Quadrafire.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrign

Oct 7, 2016
New England
I need access to the space behind the left hand side interior plate (wall?). I have taken out the top plate that covers the baffles, taken out the right hand plate (1 bolt),. I am stuck with the center back plate. I removed the two bolts holding it but it won't budge and I need to take it out in order to remove the left hand side plate. What am I missing? Any suggestions?

thanks!

Its been a while since I have seen an orig mv, thought had a couple of screws to remove and they come out. Have you tried rapping on it and maybe loosen it up from rust seize?? Kappel15 here on the forum will hopefully see this one, he is a Quad tech. I still like this stove though, it was a tremendous heater for its time.....

Its been a while since I have seen an orig mv, thought had a couple of screws to remove and they come out. Have you tried rapping on it and maybe loosen it up from rust seize?? Kappel15 here on the forum will hopefully see this one, he is a Quad tech. I still like this stove though, it was a tremendous heater for its time.....
Hi Stovelark, yeah, I hit it with a hammer a few times and it's still locked up solid! You must have had much better luck than I've had, it;s been one problem after another for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.