1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Replacement parts

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ghurst, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ghurst

ghurst New Member

Loc:
    Gravenhurst, Ont.
    Hello, I'm a new pellet stove owner and new to the forum. I purchased a second hand stove to heat my garage, and since installing it I haven't been able to get it working right. Generally I would scan the internet looking for solutions and in doing it this website has been extremely useful so I signed up. I've messed around with this stove for about 2 months troubleshooting problems and I believe I've found the problem(I've the fixed others )that is the current thorn in my side so I contacted the manufacture for parts and they no longer supply them and couldn't recommend where I could find any...this was a bit frustrating. I was wondering if anyone here could help me with my question(I tend to ramble).
    Like some other equipement many parts are interchangable from manufacture to manufacture I was wondering if this was true with pellet stoves.
    The parts I'm looking for are both the high and low limit switches.
    My stove is a Heilsa QCPS-28000
    the lower sensor is 80C and the upper sensor is 100C, made by GLAD part#KSD020. When I search this part the results show that its for refridgerators, is ths ok? or would sensors from another manufacture to the job? does anyone here sell the parts I could purchase?
    Thank you in advance

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
  3. ghurst

ghurst New Member

Loc:
    Gravenhurst, Ont.
  4. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Yes, It should be OK to use the sensor listed for a fridge. The part is used in multiple appliances.
  5. ghurst

ghurst New Member

Loc:
    Gravenhurst, Ont.
    Great thanks! I guess there the same as long as they're meant to do the same job, I just wasn't sure
  6. Gary Gileau

Gary Gileau Member

Loc:
    Griswold CT
  7. ghurst

ghurst New Member

Loc:
    Gravenhurst, Ont.
    Great thank you. These look Identical to the ones i pulled from my heating unit.
  8. noyes30

noyes30 New Member

Loc:
    Ontario
    Do you still have your pellet stove? I am looking for help with the main control board wiring on a Heilsa, QCPS 2800.. Can you help?