Replacing door (rope) gasket for Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightyear

Dec 24, 2010
Maryland
I have read a few posts here online about some tips and from what I have gathered I should do the following:
-use a wire brush with a drill to remove the old rope sealant goop
-lift the door off since there are no screws or anything holding it on

I am looking to buy the rope and sealant online cheap and I feel like you guys with experience can point me to where I should be looking. I have found this online, but over $30 and NO sealant seems steep (even though it is 30 feet): http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Harman-Door-Rope-Gasket-30-feet-p/1-00-00888.htm

I also feel like people have shared that someone here sells the rope...looking for who that might be.

If you could give me a link that would be much appreciated.

Have you measured how much gasket length is actually needed? Many buy gaskets with adhesive from BB stores as long as the kits are long enough.... The black rope is graphite impregnated.

Status
Not open for further replies.