1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Returned my Harmon p61 Today

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by LarmanNY, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarmanNY

LarmanNY New Member

Loc:
    Long Island NY
    Unfortunately I returned my Harmon p61 today because of the lack of pellet availbilty. I bought the unit from a CT dealer siight unseen. Was due to pick it up but couldnt find anyone to sell me pellets on Long Island. In fact I was laughed at when I call all the usual places for pellets, including pellet stove dealers, agway,Sams Club, Home Depot etc. They told me that no pellets were available and that they could not guarantee when or if they will be coming in. I can't heat my home on when and if, so I am off to look at a coal stove. If any needs a Harman P61 there is one available in CT.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SNAPMAN61

SNAPMAN61 Member

Loc:
    LITCHFIELD,ME.
    I think that you will regret your decision to return your stove. After all, it's only AUGUST.Pellets will be available in the fall , plenty of them
  3. STOVEGUY11

STOVEGUY11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SOUTHERN CT
    If your looking for a supplemental heat source this season. You might want to consider gas stoves. There alot easier to operate than pellet stoves, and will continue to operate if you lose power. Alot of people are running to pellet stoves because they think they should, but they are not getting all of the facts first.
  4. Wet1

Wet1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    USA
    Be careful with coal as well, I'm hearing there are some supply issues with it as well this year...
  5. teddy1971

teddy1971 Member

Loc:
    Orange County NY
  6. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Having a stove without multiple sources of fuel availability just does not make sense.
    I usually suggest that folks check around for at least 3 different sources of supply.
  7. Ductape

Ductape Member

Loc:
    Central NH
    I'm not sure how i would get one 2000lb bag of pellets out of the back of my truck.............
  8. R&D Guy

R&D Guy New Member

If you do, make sure it has a resealable zip-lock so they don't get freezer burn and go bad... :)

As was said, if you have natural gas available in your area I'd consider a free standing gas stove. No weekly/monthly or really even yearly maintenance required like a pellet stove and it works in a power outage.
  9. rona

rona Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    southwestern Minn
    A gas stove without a fan to circulate heat isn't going to make you happy either
  10. moralleper

moralleper New Member

Loc:
    Kalama, WA
    At least having 2000lbs in the back of your truck would help supply some traction during the winter.... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.