Rigid SS liner insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mossycup

Dec 4, 2010
Northern Illinois
I am almost ready to rough everything in for inspection (inspector wants to do a rough in inspect) of our F 500 but have one more component question.
We are chasing in a short, exterior chimney and I need to order the insulation. I am ready to just order a kit that will have the blanket, mesh, wire, etc, but I'm not sure if these kits are listed for use with rigid (they all claim to be listed for use with "XYZ FLEX liner". I am using Elmers at the bottom and Security liner in the chase. I want to make sure these insulation kits are acceptable because when I was talking with the county inspector he seemed sceptical about "insulating" wood stove chimney pipe...he said as long as it is listed for use and manual/directions describe installation and I follow accordingly it should be fine.
I have 10' of straight run with two 30 degree elbows through the damper down to the T. Above the clay tile termination I am adapting to a 48" length of insulated double wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.