Rika Integra II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liteman

Sep 24, 2013
I recently purchased a 2006 Rika Integra II and so far the auger seems to seize up and when the blower is on and there is fire virtually no heat is coming from this stove. I've also checked the air intake and it's not pulling in air. Is anyone familiar with these problems?

How well have you cleaned it before trying to fire up?

How well have you cleaned it before trying to fire up?
Exactly! You bought a 7 yr old stove. The owners of used stoves usually sell them because they are having problems, and 85-90% of the time it's due to a VERY dirty stove inside. The fact that you don't feel any air on the intake could indicate a VERY clogged stove and/or comb. blower.

Be more specific about when the problems happen, and what blower you're talking about....combustion or convection?

And is this your 1st pellet stove? If so, do you know that pellets don't feed continuously? They come in spurts depending on what heat setting you have the stove set at.

I recently purchased a 2006 Rika Integra II and so far the auger seems to seize up and when the blower is on and there is fire virtually no heat is coming from this stove. I've also checked the air intake and it's not pulling in air. Is anyone familiar with these problems?

Try performing an annual cleaning. You probably have a exhaust manifold, exhaust fan housing, or pipe that's plugged and the stove just can't move enough air. You can find the instructions at this link:

http://luckydistributing.com/Heat/documents/Integra-ConsumerCleaningGuide.pdf
http://luckydistributing.com/Heat/documents/IntegraAnnualTechCleaningGuide.pdf

I think this link has better and more cleaning instructions. Have had my Integra for about 6 years. http://www.rika.at/assets/synchronize/manuals/pellet/en/Integra_II.pdf
I had an auger freeze up on me once. I turned off my stove for the summer and it still had pellets in it. When I went to start it up after several months, I could hear the auger motor running but no pellets would fall. I removed all of the old pellets from the hopper and took off the auger cover plate and vacuumed out all of the old pellets. I replaced the cover and put in just enough fresh pellets to cover the bottom of the auger and turned on the stove. If you leave the cover open so you can see the pellets, you need to depress the switch that turns off the auger when the lid is open. I used a screw driver. The pellets began to feed fine. I think the damp pellets compacted over time and wouldn't feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.