Rika

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just started selling these in our store. So i thought i would ask you guys and see what you thought about em.

What i have found so far is the glass stays clean for the most part with lots of burning. They dont see to use alot of pellets. Will burn any grade of pellets.....And They hold 145lbs of pellets!!! ::-)

Hello Abetter

Looks like alot of nice bells and whistles from the company from over the pond!
You maybe the first US dealer?

Can you please explain how the cell phone Activation works?

Does it work only with an Iphone and where do you download the app?
What functions can you perform with the phone?

Thanks

Some web info I found.
Rika

, a company based in Austria, makes these pellets stoves with an emphasis on aesthetics as well as function. The stoves have an appealing appearance, but also sport features such as microprocessor temperature-guided boiler adjustments and cellular phone remote activation (egads!). It doesn't seem there are any dealers for these stoves in the U.S. yet, but there are some other good-looking stoves available now. See our previous post on the popularity of
wood pellet stoves

this winter. ::
Rika Pellet Stoves

via
RenewableEnergyAccess

Nice Video of the Factory!

We just started selling these in our store. So i thought i would ask you guys and see what you thought about em.

What i have found so far is the glass stays clean for the most part with lots of burning. They dont see to use alot of pellets. Will burn any grade of pellets.....And They hold 145lbs of pellets!!! ::-)
Give me one, they look nice, I will promote them here for you:cool:

Rika bought out/took over Austroflamm a few years back. Your Avatar looks like the Integra II FS. I would kill (just about) for an Integra II insert. I believe they only hold 90 lbs of pellets. From what I have heard Austroflamm is rated top of line. Wish I could afford one.

Good luck with the business.

My avatar is the Rika Integra II and they are a really good stove, We have the FS ones at 3999 here, you get your choice of side colors....They burn very well we have run about 6 tons already through our demo in the store.....They auto clean on their own without shutting down which is very nice and you can set it to auto clean at what ever time you wish we have played with it had it clean every 5 min ten min etc

The app you need to be able to text the stove is the Rika warm app and any smart phone should be able to get it I have a droid razor and have the app on it have not played with it much yet but will next week and let you guys know......They are a all around cool stove...

We used to sell harman and quad but these rika's seem to put out more heat then ether of those two brands.....The rika puts out more heat then the harman p68....

They are VERY VERY quiet also Even more Quiet then the Quad MT Vernon AE

The app you need to be able to text the stove is the Rika warm app and any smart phone should be able to get it I have a droid razor and have the app on it have not played with it much yet but will next week and let you guys know......They are a all around cool stove...

We used to sell harman and quad but these rika's seem to put out more heat then ether of those two brands.....The rika puts out more heat then the harman p68....

They are VERY VERY quiet also Even more Quiet then the Quad MT Vernon AE

Thanks, I will be looking forward to your report on the smart phone app! Also if you can please post a pic of the app on the smart phone here. That would be coo!

ANother ton through the rika and no probs so far and since we started burning it we have not cleaned the glass and to my surpise it is still clean!!!!!

I am starting to think that this is by far the best stove on the market, We have had customers come in when the stove was on 5% run rate and they are blown away at how much heat it throws out at 5% we crank it up to 100% and they can not believe it. IT puts out more heat on 100% then just about any two stoves i have seen (and i have seen alot of stoves)

Hello

The Rika Integra 2 Heat exchanger design is very similar to the Quadrafire Classic Bay CB1200

So how does it compare to that?

See Diagram from Rika Interga 2 manual below.

Attachments

• RikaIntegra2.jpg
    RikaIntegra2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 395
While it is kinda the same design they have made what i would call many nice improvements, I will start with the scrapers, For those of you who have ever worked on cleaning a Quad where a customer had not done any maintance on the stove and then discovered that the heat exchanger rods are frozen or cocked in there funny, Well rika made two heat exchanger scrapers per side spaced about 2inches-4 inches apart (Which is very nice and cleans the tubes much nicer, THey are also a larger heat exchanger (or they appear to be) They also add instead of having the heat just blow out the very front it blows out in the shape of the front window in a 180 deg pattern from the front of the stove which is nice.

I just got a New Stove to replace my Quadrafire and now I want a Rika! !!

Very nice stoves. Wish there was a dealer closer to me ;)

While it is kinda the same design they have made what i would call many nice improvements, I will start with the scrapers, For those of you who have ever worked on cleaning a Quad where a customer had not done any maintance on the stove and then discovered that the heat exchanger rods are frozen or cocked in there funny, Well rika made two heat exchanger scrapers per side spaced about 2inches-4 inches apart (Which is very nice and cleans the tubes much nicer, THey are also a larger heat exchanger (or they appear to be) They also add instead of having the heat just blow out the very front it blows out in the shape of the front window in a 180 deg pattern from the front of the stove which is nice.

Yes, I know what you mean. I rebuilt a Quad. Does it have a dual squirrel cage room blower like the Quad?

Yeah sorta the blower on this thing if i am not mistaken is incased in a alum casing and is a ball bearing blower (which i am told is why they are so quiet) and this is way quieter then a MT vernon ae even

Too bad they don't offer a tradional looking cast iron unit.

Well we have burned alot of pellets through it and just cleaned it for the first time (window) and all cleaning took around 30min was not as dirty as i expected......SO far stove is running like a champ will have pics up very soon

Is that model avaiable in the us??? I was not aware of this?!?!:mad: BUt i will be calling the dist tomorrow morning first thing!

If that is like the other pellet stoves Hearthstove offers it is nothing like a rika we have burned those and they dont burn anywhere near the same imo

Status
Not open for further replies.