room blowers don't shut off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuba46

Apr 13, 2007
I've got an earth stove model #wp50 Pellet stove. I bought it used, it's been working great. Now the dual room blowers won't shut off once the stove is running. The blowers stay off untill the stove gets up to operating temp, come on but will not turn back off like they did when I bought it. I can turn the wall thermostat down all the way but it makes no difference. I can shut the stove down and the blowers will run till the stove cools down and then shut off like before. The blower speed control has never worked, but the blowers did cycle on and off till now. Any ideas? Thanks

I'm not sure who the Earth stove Guru is I think it's Rod (hearthtools). Again not sure
It could be a high temp safety that will keep those blowers running till the stove gets below a certain temp.
Or a bad wall T-Stat..
Or a control board problem.
That's all I got for you now...

EDIT>>>
Earth stoves became Whitfield, which I believe is now Lennox. So Shane may be able to help also.

Sounds like normal operation sequence to me. Usually convection blowers do not shut off prior to the stove cooling down. If they were shutting off in the middle of operation like you described I would replace the fan snap switch and be sure all connections are good.

Earthstoves didn't exactly become Whitfield. They were simply both bought by Lennox around the same time. I believe that E-stove and Whitfield were tied technology wise prior to the Lennox aquisition but that was in the caveman days of the pellet stove. The E-stove used the Traeger horizontal auger system (similar to Englander PDV25) Cup motor and auger motor. Useless knowledge I know.....

EDIT>>> PG. 25 of the owners manual "FAN SPEED DISC - At stove temperatures above 140 degrees the disc activates and power bypasses the Rheostat causing the ROOM AIR BLOWER to run at full speed.
Rheostat - At stove temperatures below 140 degrees the RHEOSTAT can be used to vary the speed of the ROOM AIR FAN."

I think you're operating normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.