Runaway 30-NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to check that tonight when I get home. Did not notice that sagging, but I didn't look too close at that piece either.

Granted it wasn't at that temp for long, but any time spent that hot is long enough.

I will have to check that tonight when I get home. Did not notice that sagging, but I didn't look too close at that piece either.

Granted it wasn't at that temp for long, but any time spent that hot is long enough.

Just checked out that air wash lip, and it's straight as the day I bought it. I'll count myself as lucky as there doesn't seem to be any sign of damage from over firing. These stoves are built like a tank, and burn like a locomotive.

I would try blocking off the boost air intakes. If you are running 24/7 you don't need them. On this stove my understanding is that they are small holes behind the front legs. Use magnets or metal tape.

I may try blocking the air behind the legs. Have not even seen them yet sadly. My install is like brother barts. Lately stove likes to creep up to the 750 mark depending on split size. Most of the time I load full with larger splits and shut the air off all the way fairly early and she cruises at 700. Can't believe that thing wasn't glowing! They are a tank and I recommend to a lot of people. I also load my to the tubes to get extended burn times. My wife and I have a good 8 hrs apart where neither of us are home. So I pack it full with larger splits especially during these temps

Status
Not open for further replies.