running stove temp today,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
man it's cold here in philly area..!!!!!!
think i'm going to try stove temp/constant on the harman P61A.
use more pellets i assume...
been using room temp auto but thought i would give this a shot
for these 10-14 degree overnite temps.

Running all day and they say colder days to come next week. I’m about 50 north of philly and I think our high was only 19 today. Love the stove running and not the heat pump

Reactions: rich2500
I keep mine in room temp. I wouldn't expect the performance to be better in stove temp mode. I'll burn thru 2 bags/day when it gets that cold.

Yep, we are in a nasty cold snap for the next week or more. Been throwing in the bags but nice and warm with the P68. I'm going to look at the temps more tomorrow and the extended. I may fire up the Woodmaster for better overall heat and give that pig some exercise. I have plenty of wood around.

Reactions: Cody901
9 degrees here in Maryland, I just got home from work and the 52i has both heat pumps off and the house at 72 downstairs and 71 upstairs. I switched to stove temp this morning. Set at 5 and 70% feed, probably knock it back a notch I don’t need the house that warm haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been about 10F here in northwest lower Michigan. I finally put in the last bag of Kirtlands on Christmas day, good riddance. Running the Pro Pellets now, they allow me to run on thermostat mode, and run the stove 1 heat range lower and still get more heat. The exit air actually feels hot rather than lukewarm. Been running 50%, heat range 3. As usual I wipe the glass and scrape the pot every few days. Nice with these pellets is the glass is still translucent after 3 days. The other pellets it'd be filled solid in a day. The stove thermostat is at 75, which means the core of the house is at 70.