Russo CW2: Do not know what these parts are for? (pictures)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

capecodet

Nov 22, 2017
Boston
I picked up a Russo CW2 recently. It needed the surface rust removed and the door handle free'd up but otherwise it looks to be in good shape. I'd never used one before and it came with some parts, I am not sure how they fit or if they are strictly coal/wood.
Does anyone recognize these and know how they are used? Stove1.jpg Stove2.jpg

I didn't see anything about them in the small manual I found.
I was also unable to locate a parts diagram online.
thanks.

The longer piece is the upper baffle.
I may have the manual around here somewhere but I can't seem to locate it.
I'm not sure about the smaller ones

Thanks.
I'm still not sure how it fits in but now that I know what it is I'll play with it some more. The only manual I could find doesn't show it.

That said, I really like the idea of adding a secondary burn to this stove.
The inside looks like it would accommodate it well.
I'd remove the coal shaker handle and use that hole to bring the air in.

The matching parts in "#1 Coal Kit" are called "Liner Extension" (2 req.) in an old Woodman's catalog. No diagram shown, just a parts list. They are now online, so they may still be available or be shown. Stock number was RCE in 2007-2009 cat.
No doubt they stand up along the firebox to protect sides during coal use. Most wood /coal convertible stoves have a liner of some type for coal that also directs the coal to the grate. Usually angled toward the grate at bottom. They usually allow air through or in to the firebed through the sides which comes up from the bottom.

Last edited: