Sachs Dolmar 143 experience

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newman7786

Jul 13, 2013
Greenleaf WI
I am looking at getting a used sachs dolmar 143. I know it is a bit of an older saw, last year of production was 93. I searched the forums here but couldn't find anyone with a review on the saw. I see a few members have them snd was wondering what your honest opinion of this saw is. It comes with a 30 inch bar. Reason I am looking at this saw is becase I have a large stump left over from a tree that came down in my yard. My Makita 6421 handled the alright but I am trying to covince the wife I need a bigger saw for projects like this. I think I feel my CAD coming on again.......
TIA

I'm not personally familiar, but I found a lot of enthusiasm for it on another site. I do my own repairs, so parts availability would be the only thing I'd worry about. If you don't do your own repairs then you might worry about finding a shop that will work on it. If you do do your own repairs, you could convert your 6421 to 79cc for a little over $200.

143 =around 93cc, although of the lower rpm than current equipment. bar likely doesn't match up with your current unit either, I think large mount husky might work. Might want to do a bit of research on parts availability.( coil, brake band) Mostly it depends on price and what the piston looks like after pulling the muffler and maybe getting a compression number.

Thanks for the replies. Jon1270, I was contemplating the idea of upgrading my 6421 but I would like to get my way to the three saw plan. If I upgrade the one I have then I will be looking for another one to replace it. If I can find another 6421 for cheap I may do the big bore kit. I am researching the parts availability and bar options. I am working with the gentleman over the internet trying to get as much info on the saw as possible. I am treading lightly and waiting to make an offer.

I did the OEM 79CC kit and love it. I only replaced it with a 6420 because my son waned one. Easy with 32" full skip and a screamer with 20" LGX.

That saw is a classic. I've never seen one for sale around here. Do you have a lead on one, or just want to know if it's worth hunting for?

I found a guy in Washington that has a few and is looking to sell one. Waiting on more information (pics, serial#, vidoes of it running) I have always had a thing for the Dolmars. Just need to make sure I can still get parts is all.

Reactions: Fifelaker
Status
Not open for further replies.