Sales of Magic Heat units

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apollobey

Oct 29, 2006
maizeheat.com
I have a chance to buy out some inventory on Magic Heat chimney heat extractors.
Is this still a hot item in the cold weather, or are the new wood stove designs eliminating this item as popular?
Any advice would be appreciated before I invest.

Are you asking from a business or personal use standpoint. If they are cheap to buy, I suspect there always will be a market for them in the winter on eBay, etc. There are lots of old stoves still in use.

I think that sort of technology has been more or less discredited. Creates creosote and/or ruins draft. That's not saying anything about their marketability, however.

I believe this question has been explored many times here. This kind of contraption, by nature, reduces flue temperatures. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Aye. That's why I only asked about the selling. No endorsement for the product.

They would be okay for a coal (Anthracite) because of coals clean burning. On the other hand coal can have stack temps so low you can hold your hand on the flue. Now wood i can see it clogging if you're not using a EPA equivelent stove. Lower temps, lower drafts, creasote haven. Kinda the same thing for electric dryers that gets the heat from the vents on the dryer. A small box fan near the stove would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.