1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Sales of Magic Heat units

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by apollobey, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apollobey

apollobey New Member

I have a chance to buy out some inventory on Magic Heat chimney heat extractors.
    Is this still a hot item in the cold weather, or are the new wood stove designs eliminating this item as popular?
    Any advice would be appreciated before I invest.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Are you asking from a business or personal use standpoint. If they are cheap to buy, I suspect there always will be a market for them in the winter on eBay, etc. There are lots of old stoves still in use.
  3. apollobey

apollobey New Member

This would be to try to resell them.
    I would have to take over 50.
  4. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
  5. KP Matt

KP Matt New Member

I think that sort of technology has been more or less discredited. Creates creosote and/or ruins draft. That's not saying anything about their marketability, however.

I believe this question has been explored many times here. This kind of contraption, by nature, reduces flue temperatures. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
  6. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Aye. That's why I only asked about the selling. No endorsement for the product.
  7. laynes69

laynes69 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ashland OH
    They would be okay for a coal (Anthracite) because of coals clean burning. On the other hand coal can have stack temps so low you can hold your hand on the flue. Now wood i can see it clogging if you're not using a EPA equivelent stove. Lower temps, lower drafts, creasote haven. Kinda the same thing for electric dryers that gets the heat from the vents on the dryer. A small box fan near the stove would be better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.