Scandia Wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frigidmaine

Nov 27, 2008
Western Maine
I have an older model Scandia wood stove, Model No. 1250c. The front of this stove has a flip up door with screen and glass. The glass is not one solid piece. It is made up of about ten 1-1/2 x 4" glass slats. one of these glass sections was broken during the stoves transport to my home. Is there any place I could obtain one of these glass sections? Thank you.

Did you try a local glass shop? It will depend on what material the original glass was. When it broke, did it splinter or crumble into little nuggets? Given its age and origin I would "guess" it's tempered glass.

Here's a link to an online shop that has good service if you don't find a local solution:
http://www.onedayglass.com/index.php

Agreed, or tres Taiwan in this case. My preference would also be ceramic. I've never seen the stove. It sounds a bit like a Combifire knockoff. If the glass is a removable screen for open burning, then they might have used tempered. OneDay glass has both.

Status
Not open for further replies.