Scored a great deal on Fiskar's hatchet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
I was checking out the local pawn shop today looking for...whatever... and spotted an unused Fiskars X7 hatchet. Not a mark or scuff on it. I'm guessing it has never kissed wood. The holster appears brand new, too.
Asking price was $30. Walmart website shows them for $41.55. I offered $20 and they took it.

SCORE! They also had the long handled splitting axe for $40 but I already have one of those.

Man I got a deal at Walmart in the spring on mine then......$19.99!

Reactions: Kenster
I have the x11 and initially didn't like it. The slippery coating they put on it made it very difficult for splitting kindling as it would pop up and out of the wood if a clean split wasn't made (which generally I don't make when splitting really small stuff, rather have it stick and then pound it through, safer on the fingers)

I was about to take the wire wheel to it and decided just to go to the wood pile and see what the hatchet could do. Since doing that, and wearing a bit of the coating off, it works great.

pen

Sears has them right now for $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.