Secondary pics.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Pics of secondary flame . Exhaust in full burn. And the display on my controller missing parts of characters

Its odd the pics. dont capture the blue

Attachments

• DSC_0275.jpg
    DSC_0275.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC_0276.jpg
    DSC_0276.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC_0277.jpg
    DSC_0277.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC_0278.jpg
    DSC_0278.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 436
  • DSC_0279.jpg
    DSC_0279.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 439
Very happy for you. How's the storage warming up?

JP11 said:

Right now my Storage tank is warm top to bottom. , primary is a little bit cooler I guess cause the storage pump is pulling all the hot water off the top. now there is warm water returning to the primary . One of my pressure gauges reads 18 psi. and the other reads 14 psi. :-S

huffdawg said:
JP11 said:

Right now my Storage tank is warm top to bottom. , primary is a little bit cooler I guess cause the storage pump is pulling all the hot water off the top. now there is warm water returning to the primary . One of my pressure gauges reads 18 psi. and the other reads 14 psi. :-S

:lol: Huff, the pressure gauge on my Wood boiler reads about 17 when everything in the system is up to 175-180, the one on the oil boiler reads about 25. I think I may need to replace the one on the oil boiler. It is about 8 years old I guess. Haven't had any problems though. Thank God. :lol:

Nice flames there man!

huffdawg said:
JP11 said:

I also have one presure gauge way off. The gauge on the boiler reads in bars.

My camera on secondary wont show blue flame either? But I can play with the air controls I made and change flame from lots yellow to purpel to a white & orange to all most clear, which is the hottest you can get, cant even see flame but everything in there is bright red. My boiler is an updraft and home-made..

Attachments

• SAM_0736.jpg
    SAM_0736.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 340
ozzie88 said:
My camera on secondary wont show blue flame either? But I can play with the air controls I made and change flame from lots yellow to purpel to a white & orange to all most clear, which is the hottest you can get, cant even see flame but everything in there is bright red. My boiler is an updraft and home-made..

Looks pretty hot in there alright .

Gasifier said:
huffdawg said:
JP11 said:

:lol: Huff, the pressure gauge on my Wood boiler reads about 17 when everything in the system is up to 175-180, the one on the oil boiler reads about 25. I think I may need to replace the one on the oil boiler. It is about 8 years old I guess. Haven't had any problems though. Thank God. :lol:

Nice flames there man!

Interesting, my boiler psi is about 15 to 17 when cold. Reads more like 22-23 when up to temp(190).

muncybob said:
Gasifier said:
huffdawg said:
JP11 said:

Nice flames there man!

Interesting, my boiler psi is about 15 to 17 when cold. Reads more like 22-23 when up to temp(190).

Was it 15 to 17 when you initialy filled it before the first firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.