Secondary tube engineering question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said the stainless steel burn tube is a simple cost effective design that works well.
My Regency tubes often glow brite red, with apparently no negative effects.
The stove is 8 years old, and the burn tubes look just fine. I don't expect to be replacing the tubes anytime soon.

Mine glow red all the time, especially when loaded to the roof. The more fragile part is above the tubes the ceramic baffle board, which has encountered the edge of the poker from the GF. It's just a small dent, and hasn't grown/burned out in size. The only part on the Clydesdale I can see burning through is the flat plate holding the rear soapstone up. they appear to be made of boiler steel non-SS. It's warped but has yet to actually fail, and would be easy to make from some flat bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.