Sept. over West Point

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Yes, I said OVER West Point. This is taken from Rt. 9w on Storm King Mtn. looking SE, about 7AM.

West Point is about 1000 ft below the clouds, about a mile straight out from where I took the pic. Looks like the Hudson River valley is covered by a cotton blanket.

Attachments

• Fall fog- West point.jpg
    Fall fog- West point.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 548
macman said:
Yes, I said OVER West Point. This is taken from Rt. 9w on Storm King Mtn. looking SE, about 7AM.

West Point is about 1000 ft below the clouds, about a mile straight out from where I took the pic. Looks like the Hudson River valley is covered by a cotton blanket.
mac thats one hell of a picture!!!

Nice shot! I like to drive that stretch of road too fast!

HEMI said:
.....mac thats one hell of a picture!!!

Thanks hemi. After seeing this happen many times, and always thinking how great a shot it would be, I finally remembered my camera on a day I thought would be good for it.
Here's 2 other shots I took hoping they would look like one continuous pic next to each other.

Attachments

• wp2.jpg
    wp2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 354
  • wp1.jpg
    wp1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 340
Very nice shots you have there, must of been pretty neat. Could you see down to the Bear Mtn Bridge or how about Breakneck Ridge which is right across the Hudson from Storm King mtn?

Jay

Great photo! All it needs is a sunrise just peaking over the horizon.
You should stitch those two together and have a print made. If you are not familiar google "photo stitching software" there
are a few free or trial use programs.

I'd have that hanging on the wall.

Kris

The double one would be nice on dual monitor setup.

Jay H said:
Very nice shots you have there, must of been pretty neat. Could you see down to the Bear Mtn Bridge or how about Breakneck Ridge which is right across the Hudson from Storm King mtn?

Jay
Jay, Bear Mtn. Bridge is actually too far to the right (south) to be seen from where I took the pics. And BreakNeck is off to the left, also out of camera view.

kabbott said:
Great photo! All it needs is a sunrise just peaking over the horizon.
You should stitch those two together and have a print made. If you are not familiar google "photo stitching software" there
are a few free or trial use programs.

I'd have that hanging on the wall.

Kris

Thanks Kabbott. Yep, I know about the photo stitching software....just haven't gotten around to it. It WILL be on my wall one of these days! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.