1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Settings on your eko 25

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by ihookem, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ihookem

ihookem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Allenton, Wisconsin
    I have been posting on this thread on why my EKO 25 had a hard time keeping up when it's cold. It dawned on me that I can't remember what settings were when I got it so I start playing with thsettings. Problem is I don't know what is best or even what is default. What do you all program your settings to. This might be part of the problem. I read someone on this thread using 5 for Hesterises (SP) I had it on 3 and goes to 10. This may be part of my problem I have now idea what they even mean . Thanks. ihookem.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. taxidermist

taxidermist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fowlerville MI
  3. ihookem

ihookem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Allenton, Wisconsin
    Thanks , I don't remember getting a manual . I understand a bit better.
  4. stee6043

stee6043 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Do not pass go and check out the "fine tuning the EKO" thread sticky in the boiler room. I'd recommend starting with your air settings. Zero them out and then go with what has worked for some others in that thread to start with. I don't think many of the electronic controls will impact your boilers ability to "keep up" unless you've spun the dial to reduce the output temp significantly.

Also note that once your in the menu on the EKO controller you can go to "PROD" and hit okay to reset all controls back to factory default.
  5. taxidermist

taxidermist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fowlerville MI
    Also how dry is your wood your using?
  6. ihookem

ihookem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Allenton, Wisconsin
    Very dry wood. I think it's ok the way I got it set up but will also try default. Thanks.!!