Severe Weather 2021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
image2.png

@rottiman , I saw your post about the winds, the above is for our area, we could be in for wind gust between 50 - 60 mph with half an inch of rain before the winds.

Reactions: rottiman
image2.png

@rottiman , I saw your post about the winds, the above is for our area, we could be in for wind gust between 50 - 60 mph with half an inch of rain before the winds.
Yeah Zap, I believe we are in for a good soaking and blow. We had gotten about 3" of snow last night. I plowed off the driveway today figuring the rain should wash the rest off and hopefully not become Ice.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Yeah Zap, I believe we are in for a good soaking and blow. We had gotten about 3" of snow last night. I plowed off the driveway today figuring the rain should wash the rest off and hopefully not become Ice.
The getting the snow off the driveway before our last warmup and rain worked for us, we were down to gravel. I didn't do it this time but we only had a few inches of snow on it this morning.

Under a tornado watch until 11 tonight. We had 2 pretty wicked storms that just blew through. The weather man said these storms were moving 70mph. This was right before the first one got here. After it past it turned into a tornado the next county over.

Edit: I would have sent a longer video when the wind came in but it said file size too large.

The getting the snow off the driveway before our last warmup and rain worked for us, we were down to gravel. I didn't do it this time but we only had a few inches of snow on it this morning.
Same here, I snowblowed tonight to get the 2” off the driveway before the warmup. Supposed to be a mess this weekend but then pushing 60f by next weekend.

I'm counting on the warm temps tomorrow to melt the snow. My electric utility sent me a text about the winds.

The rain and the higher temps have pretty much cleared our driveway of snow and ice, hopefully mother nature doesn't drop a big ole pine across it.

Under a tornado watch until 11 tonight. We had 2 pretty wicked storms that just blew through. The weather man said these storms were moving 70mph. This was right before the first one got here. After it past it turned into a tornado the next county over.

View attachment 287457

Edit: I would have sent a longer video when the wind came in but it said file size too large.
Pretty sure I’ve had rain blowing straight against all 4 sides of the house since 2am here. Went out to feed critters this morning and no matter which way I turned it was blowing in my face.

The rain and the higher temps have pretty much cleared our driveway of snow and ice, hopefully mother nature doesn't drop a big ole pine across it.

Got a strong dose of rain that lasted about 2 hours. Temp was @ 32 so there was a ice build up. Temp is 33 right now. Hoping it warms up so more before the predicted strong winds hit later today. With 26 mature white pines on my lot I could do without a mess of icy wet branches to deal with.

Got a strong dose of rain that lasted about 2 hours. Temp was @ 32 so there was a ice build up. Temp is 33 right now. Hoping it warms up so more before the predicted strong winds hit later today. With 26 mature white pines on my lot I could do without a mess of icy wet branches to deal with.
Just over 55 here and the rain stopped, don't say that nasty word.....pine!

What a pretty picture beautiful home...I have had the weather channel on and the five or six states have taken a hit..(Mo,AR,TN,KY,IL, so far) and lots of people have died as well--terrible situation and it is not over yet so buckle down and think ahead here for your safety for it was a real scary night for some of you last night...God Bless All of You....clancey

We eat, View attachment 287484sleep and drink Pine Here !!!!!!
The power company for a big part of New York State (they're in our area too) are offering dry ice in certain parts of the state but not ours, Watertown is the closest to us. I think NYS made them do this after a very long outage happened.

The wind gust have started moving in, nothing bad yet but I did see some people north of here had lost power.

Last edited:
Another set of storms are going to come in and repeat but no tornado's or high wind thinking they said just rain.., but storms regardless--heard on the weather channel 10 minutes ago..clancey

It keeps getting warmer, we hit 57.8, when that cold front hits we'll be in for the forecast high winds.

The Buffalo area is getting hit.

We have jumped up to 44 here. They say we may even get thunder storms this evening. No wind so far.

Another set of storms are going to come in and repeat but no tornado's or high wind thinking they said just rain.., but storms regardless--heard on the weather channel 10 minutes ago..clancey
On 12/16 we're in for another day of warmer temps, 60 down to 34.

I was in a zoom meeting with some folks up in Brushton around 2 and they were having wind up there.
Small town with good people. I had some pretty good times at the Legion after we played their baseball team, always a very good time.

We always played a double header, 9 innings per game. Our catcher was around 55, he couldn't hit a curve and the pitchers knew that but after getting two strikes on him throwing curves, they would try and sneak a fastball by him, he would hit it a country mile and almost hit the horse beyond the center field fence.

His name was Frank Chatland and he had some good sized wrist on him, he picked up the old heavy milk cans from the farmers full of milk for a living.

We have jumped up to 44 here. They say we may even get thunder storms this evening. No wind so far.
I saw that on one of the weather reports, same here.

They say the area that got hit will be warmer tomorrow and the storms tonight seems to be past and headed east sort of with a dip towards the south--just storms nothing major so far...but there are thousands and thousands of people without electricity all through that area and going to be out of electricity for a long time and they are telling people not to run generators inside and gosh you see areas "flattened" and right next door for about two or three houses no damage at all--weird...Saying prayers for the people--stay safe everyone...clancey

Small town with good people. I had some pretty good times at the Legion after we played their baseball team, always a very good time.

We always played a double header, 9 innings per game. Our catcher was around 55, he couldn't hit a curve and the pitchers knew that but after getting two strikes on him throwing curves, they would try and sneak a fastball by him, he would hit it a country mile and almost hit the horse beyond the center field fence.

His name was Frank Chatland and he had some good sized wrist on him, he picked up the old heavy milk cans from the farmers full of milk for a living.
Had a zoom meeting with Jim and Brenda Gordon and their daughters. I follow their you tube blog "Working Horses with Jim". He farms and logs with heavy horses up there. Very enjoyable viewing every day.

Had a zoom meeting with Jim and Brenda Gordon and their daughters. I follow their you tube blog "Working Horses with Jim". He farms and logs with heavy horses up there. Very enjoyable viewing every day.
I have the site bookmarked.