Shelter For The Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbon, "You da man" That shed is truly exceptional! Simple and effective design and very well built. Looks like a poured concrete foundation with a blacktop or fine gravel working surface. A helpful spot light and even a place to hang the broom. Kudos for a job well done. ;-)

John_M said:
Carbon, "You da man" That shed is truly exceptional! Simple and effective design and very well built. Looks like a poured concrete foundation with a blacktop or fine gravel working surface. A helpful spot light and even a place to hang the broom. Kudos for a job well done. ;-)
Thanks John, It's just a concrete curb , with drainage rock under the wood. It looks big Ray, but it's only two rows deep, so it actually holds less wood than most woodsheds I've seen on this forum. It was designed narrow like that to use the limited space between my driveway and the neighbor's yard. The backside is basically the fence line. I got a woodshed, the neighbor got a new fence, which was sorely needed. It doesn't have a spotlight, but it has a motion detector that lights up a rope-light that runs along the full length of the roof fascia. It's a narrow driveway and the lights work really well as clearance lights for backing in at night.
This is what they look like in the twilight.
shedlights.gif

The basement area is much smaller. ;-P

Carbon_Liberator said:
John_M said:
Thanks John, It's just a concrete curb , with drainage rock under the wood. It looks big Ray, but it's only two rows deep, so it actually holds less wood than most woodsheds I've seen on this forum. It was designed narrow like that to use the limited space between my driveway and the neighbor's yard. The backside is basically the fence line. I got a woodshed, the neighbor got a new fence, which was sorely needed. It doesn't have a spotlight, but it has a motion detector that lights up a rope-light that runs along the full length of the roof fascia. It's a narrow driveway and the lights work really well as clearance lights for backing in at night.
shedlights.gif

Creative use of space and a good one at that.. Determination gets things done..

Ray

Carbon_Liberator said:
Here's a simple shelter that can be built with left over branches from the tree where you got your firewood from.
reddshed.jpg
That's almost what my supply of garden tomato and bean poles looks like. Especially the covered with leaves part.

raybonz said:
firefighterjake said:
Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned several guys here have built woodsheds . . . do what we all have done . . . take a look at the various designs and then build one that works for you in terms of size, construction material, etc.

Here's my shed . . . before it was filled.

Excellent shed Jake! Rough sawn pine I assume?

Ray

Some rough cut hemlock . . . and some wood salvaged from an old camp that needed to come down.

Carbon_Liberator said:
John_M said:
shedlights.gif

Isn't this the woodshed with the extra special feature . . . the hidden beer cooler compartment . . . or was it the hidden man cave area where you can escape to if your wife is looking for you to help pick out a new curtain pattern for the living room? ;) :) For the record, it may not be the biggest or fanciest . . . but I still like this woodshed a lot as it is very neat looking and functional.

firefighterjake said:
Isn't this the woodshed with the extra special feature . . . the hidden beer cooler compartment . . . or was it the hidden man cave area where you can escape to if your wife is looking for you to help pick out a new curtain pattern for the living room? ;) :) For the record, it may not be the biggest or fanciest . . . but I still like this woodshed a lot as it is very neat looking and functional.
Yeah, I think I got the only woodshed with a basement. ;-)

BTW Jake, it sounds like you have been talking to my wife :shut:

Carbon_Liberator said:
firefighterjake said:
Yeah, I think I got the only woodshed with a basement. ;-)

BTW Jake, it sounds like you have been talking to my wife :shut:

Ah yes . . . good to see my brain cells aren't totally fried . . . this was the shed with the Armageddon Survival Shelter . . . although why you're stocking up on paints instead of Chef Boyardee and Ramen Noodles is still beyond me. ;) :)

P.S. I agree with your wife . . . go with the green ones with the brown stripes. ;) See . . . now you can come out of hiding. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.