Shew I am hot!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corey21

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Soutwest VA
Reloaded the stove around 8:30 this morning.
DSCF0035.JPG Was 87.

Why a reload when it's 86 in your house?

Why a reload when it's 86 in your house?
I did not reload that pic was took just before posting. I would fry if i put more wood on it right now.

I did not reload that pic was took just before posting. I would fry if i put more wood on it right now.
Oh..what was the temp at reload then?

Oh..what was the temp at reload then?
The temp in that room was 74. Other parts of the house felt chilly and i did not want to let the fire die right then.

The temp in that room was 74. Other parts of the house felt chilly and i did not want to let the fire die right then.
ah!

What a diff it is heating a house when the outside temp is 20 degrees f higher then at 20F eh?
Of course the sun sure helps!

ah!

What a diff it is heating a house when the outside temp is 20 degrees f higher then at 20F eh?
Of course the sun sure helps!
I think the sun plays a part cause at night that room does not get that hot.

But i just crack the door when it is like that at least im not cold.

picture114.jpgpicture112.jpg
Was going to post this in another thread but was heading out the door to cut a load of wood. Came home took a long nap and found this thread so though I would post them here instead. This is what I woke up to this morning after loading 6 splits at 8:30 last night. Not bad for an overnight burn!!! . First one is in the living room and the other is upstairs in the hallway and yes I did reload this morning with 5 more splits but I think I just going to let the fire go out.

Reactions: corey21
View attachment 93908View attachment 93909
Was going to post this in another thread but was heading out the door to cut a load of wood. Came home took a long nap and found this thread so though I would post them here instead. This is what I woke up to this morning after loading 6 splits at 8:30 last night. Not bad for an overnight burn!!! . First one is in the living room and the other is upstairs in the hallway and yes I did reload this morning with 5 more splits but I think I just going to let the fire go out.
90 Is a bit to hot for me Nice over night burn.

I have not added any wood to the stove since 8:30 this morning and just checked my stove top is still 350. I will let it be till tonight.

Well i done a reload at 7 this evening had enough coals left over from this morning.

It must have been 100 in the house when you re-loaded before bed. Or it was 50 outside.;)

It must have been 100 in the house when you re-loaded before bed. Or it was 50 outside.;)
I think it as about 83 when I reloaded the night before the pics were taken and in the mid 20s outside. I came down stairs that morning around 1 to check on the stove and I think it was 94 in there then and it cooled off to 90 by 6:30. Believe me that is not the hottest I have seen in the living room since installing the liberty 3 years ago:eek: . My old dutchwest struggled to keep the living room in the upper 70s when it was cold. When people ask me how hot I keep it in the house and I tell them is usually around 90 you should see the look on there faces:eek:

83 when I reloaded the night before
Well, I was close!:)

I can't get this place that hot. It's too open and sprawling. I also run a fan in the hall way to keep the kids room warm. Lopi makes a mean heater!
In my old house I ran an Oslo, I could keep it 90, even with a window open! And the front door a lot of the time.

Reactions: lopiliberty
I miss being able to do that. Im all out of good seasoned wood and am struggling to keep the house at 67 I cant wait for winter to be over. On a good note though I should be ready for next season's burning.

shoulder season is rough

I would freeze!! What will you do after winter is over?
After winters over I wont have to worry about keeping the house warm. Ill be splitting and stacking and getting ready for next winter and a few after that.

After winters over I wont have to worry about keeping the house warm. Ill be splitting and stacking and getting ready for next winter and a few after that.
You need to cut your wood for next winter now or you might have trouble with your wood again next year.

You need to cut your wood for next winter now or you might have trouble with your wood again next year.
I am cutting wood now. I have two cords already and should get two more in the next couple weeks for next winter. I will be continuing to split and stack through the spring though in order to get a couple years ahead.

Reactions: corey21
I am cutting wood now. I have two cords already and should get two more in the next couple weeks for next winter. I will be continuing to split and stack through the spring though in order to get a couple years ahead.
Yeah im in the process of getting ahead also.

Status
Not open for further replies.