Shopping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was gonna say....

We run a Jotul Oslo in our 2000 sq ft cabin. Its our only source of heat and has done its job for a while now. That being said, this winter was colder than most in the NE and I found myself cruising through the wood stacks faster and waking up more often to stoke the fire and keep house temps up. Normally I'd load at night and then reload in the morning and the house would keep its warmth. This year its been a lot of putting extra wood in the stove and doing so more than normal to keep her hot. Im now looking to upgrade for more heat output and a little longer burn times. I think I'd go right for Jotul's Firelight or the T6 if Woodstock hadn't made their progress hybrid. Im pretty close to pulling the trigger on it after reading its great reviews and burn times. I just need to make sure there will be a big enough difference from the Oslo, which Im pretty certain there will be. Jotul is a great company and we love our stove, just scared to get another winter like this one.

Jotul Fireside with CAT and a cat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Creekheat
You might take a look at the Woodstock site (they sell direct to the customer). Either the Progress Hybrid or the soon to be released Ideal Steel would be appropriate for your area. Both are fine stoves, cat stoves, easy to operate. The Progress Hybrid is particularly handsome. Both have cooktops, and can be used for essentially all you cooking, should you so choose.

I have looked at the site previously. I didnt care for the stoves personally and i dont want soapstone so for me its not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.