Shout Out to Super Cedars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joetal17

Jan 28, 2009
CT
I just wanted to share a great experience I had with Super Cedars. I sent them an email when an order I had placed was delayed. Thomas called me personally to apologize and upgraded my order from a 72 to a 100 count for free and shipped it out right away.

Not only is this a great product but a great company.

+1. First class all the way.

Product & service...there's none better. ETA: (In my personal experience, that is. By all accounts that I know of, England's Stove Works is right up there in the same league, as far as both product quality and customer service go). Rick

And I just discovered the little buggers WORK too!

By all accounts that I know of, Thomas seems to be a pretty stand up dude. And he HAS gone above and beyond his duty in more than one occasion that I know of.

I agree, great company, great product.

stoveguy2esw said:
Nothing like superior Customer Support!...

Hmm, yes...had to go back and edit my post above. :) Rick

madison said:
agree

-- product request - make them about 1/4 the size/weight as the current "burger" ... Any shape that makes production the easiest.

This Super Cedar guy is set in his ways. Size does matter to me also, I am in the middle of a packaging nightmare (130,000 Zippo's) of the standard size pucks. I could only imagine it being 260,000 1/2's or over a million 1/4's. I vote for a even bigger pie, one you could cut into 16 pieces and only one stroke of the machine.

How about I sell (as BrotherBart calls it) the Pixie dust in 10lb-50lb baggies and pour whatever amount needed. I love my Hearth.com members and all your support over the years, but a new machine is not in the near future.

Look for a new 8 ct Tin by Zippo in Cabela's soon.
Thanks again for the kind words and wishing you all the best.
Thomas

NW Fuels said:

That is some sort of awesome. Hoping it works out well for you.

NW Fuels said:
madison said:
agree

-- product request - make them about 1/4 the size/weight as the current "burger" ... Any shape that makes production the easiest.

This Super Cedar guy is set in his ways. Size does matter to me also, I am in the middle of a packaging nightmare (130,000 Zippo's) of the standard size pucks. I could only imagine it being 260,000 1/2's or over a million 1/4's. I vote for a even bigger pie, one you could cut into 16 pieces and only one stroke of the machine.

How about I sell (as BrotherBart calls it) the Pixie dust in 10lb-50lb baggies and pour whatever amount needed. I love my Hearth.com members and all your support over the years, but a new machine is not in the near future.

Thanks again for the kind words and wishing you all the best.
Thomas

Thomas, don't change a thing! These work out great just as they are. Even though I don't break them evenly into quarters, in fact, the size varies drastically, they still manage to start my fire EVERY time. I love them! Thanks for a great product!!!

Thomas is first class!

btw Thomas, this year should be good for your business. I know personally that I've never in my life built so many fires from scratch like this year. So we used a lot of Super Cedars and I'm sure others did too. May you continue to prosper.

Love 'em. period.

I've given them away to several friends who have wood burners too.

SuperCedars are like the BK of firestarters, sounds way to good to be true, but work as advertised! Cheers!

Thomas I am buying a bunch this year for next winter because of your good practices and awesome product ( most importantly because of you ) !!!! Thank you for being a good dude Thomas!

Pete a happy customer ;-)

I use them year 'round. They start charcoal really well for the grill. I also use them in the chiminea for cooking marshmallows with the family.

Is there anyone out there that uses a whole puck? For the first couple years I used half...then this year, I tried 1/4 and...well, I just double my money. I was amazed 1/4 would do the trick, but it did.

I have started using a half. Well, two quarters. I have so many of the damn things now I probably won't live long enough to use'em all. I just can't resist a sale. :shut:

Hmmm.. An idea. Put it in the will to use what's left at the crematorium. :lol: How bout that one Thomas? Bet you won't put that in the ads.

packaged like some of the new gum wallets would be pretty neat.

And a big 10-4 on selling bags of the Pixie Dust. That stuff is the stuff of dreams when there are just a few coals left in the stove. Few little coals up front and a hand full of Pixie Dust and that sucker is off to the races.

I may start putting a few pucks in our old blender. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
I have started using a half. Well, two quarters. I have so many of the damn things now I probably won't live long enough to use'em all. I just can't resist a sale. :shut:

Hmmm.. An idea. Put it in the will to use what's left at the crematorium. :lol: How bout that one Thomas? Bet you won't put that in the ads.

Maybe since you brought this up I could make the members some special ones from the crematorium. Have them send me the ashes and I will make sure you get around. Now we are talking Bart Dust, hell with Pixie Dust. JK everyone!!

Believe me Thomas. Lots of members would pay a premium to start a fire in their stove with something that had a chunk of my ass, or any other part, in it. :lol: If not them, I can send you the email addresses of four banned ex-members that would.

Status
Not open for further replies.