Single digits aren't so bad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
doubtingLEE said:
Single digits are AWESOME after -28 last nite!

Wish I would have remember my twisted hickory lumber on Friday....Next really cold snap I will have a 55 gallon drum of cookies of the saw bucks and a big stack of lumber. This Sunday its suppose to cool off again.

-19 degrees F when I left home this morning a little after 6:30 a.m. My Honda Accord decided to play hooky for the day . . . so I took my wife's Subaru.

SolarAndWood said:
as long as there is no wind and the sun is out. It's been blowing and snowing for a couple weeks now, so it was nice to get outside, dig another couple cord out of the snow and get it under a roof. Probably would have been a whole lot easier in November.

-30.5 this morning. Decided after dinner last night I would fill the pellet stove (basement install) so in one corner the wood stove was cranking and the pellet stove was on manual putting out some nice heat. When I called it a night the basement temp was 83 and the main floor 70, when I woke up the basement temp was 79 and the main floor was 68, I'll take it at 30 below.

zap

zapny said:
I woke up the basement temp was 79 and the main floor was 68, I'll take it at 30 below.

I'd take that too Zap, our main floor was in the mid 70s when I got up but I doubt the lower level is above freezing. Good thing we left the faucets dripping.

Man you guys are getting real winter.
We had 40°f for a high today with 10 knt wind. Snow's melting.
Sweat shirt weather.
I'd prefer the 20s but know the sub zeros will be back. 2-1/2 months of winter to go.

Stay warm

Status
Not open for further replies.