Single wall to double wall stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stack

Jan 18, 2017
Southeastern Pennsylvania
hey guys, new to the site. I am currently installing an englander 30 in my basement. I went from single wall to double wall insulated back to single wall stove pipe to get to my thimble. Everything worked out with the adapters, my only concern is the transition from double back to single. The crimped end of the single wall fits perfectly into the double wall. The only problem is there is no where for me to put some screws in to fasten the two together. Could I use furnace cement on this piece? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5463.JPG
    IMG_5463.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 796
There is a Male and Female end on the Double wall insulated pipe. The manufacture of the double wall pipe has a connector that will lock to the double wall Female end and the single wall pipe will slide over that connector, screws can then be installed.
The Male end of the Double Wall pipe, does not have a connector that allows you to connect to a single wall pipe....that I know of...
Furnace cement is definitely not a sealant for holding 2 pipes together, and drilling a hole through the double wall insulated pipe, I'm sure voids any warranty. The correct thing would be to continue with double wall insulated pipe on that end.